Since our founding in January 2019, volunteers have been tremendous for Safest Drug. They’ve helped us to create education campaigns, conduct research, identify partners, compile data and statistics, develop operational strategy, develop graphics, assist with events and have shared their own medication stories for the benefit of program development. Due to this, our volunteer team is one of our most valuable assets and we appreciate each of their unique contributions, talents and skills.
If you’re interested in volunteering at Safest Drug, please start by filling out the “Volunteer Application” below. We’ll do our best to be in touch within 1 to 2 business days to schedule a volunteer interview. During the interview, we’ll talk more about your volunteer interests and figure out a role that is best suited for you and our needs at that time. Persons of all backgrounds and skill sets are encouraged to apply. For college students seeking to earn college credits while volunteering, please be sure to note that in your application.
**Before applying, if you haven’t already, learn more about our mission.**
Note: all volunteering can be done remotely. No travel required.
(For active volunteers: submit your volunteer hours here.)
Current volunteer needs (we also post volunteer positions on Volunteer Match https://www.volunteermatch.org):
- Government/Policy Advocates & Researchers (to help advance our consumer protection work)
- Consumer Advisory Council members (individuals with personal medication experiences or a passion for medication safety who can help lend their opinions and participate on small projects to help Safest Drug accomplish strategic goals)
- Creatives/graphic artists
- Project- and program-specific Volunteers (inquire for more details or simply apply below)
- Social Media Interns (college students welcome to apply!)
- Fundraising Support (no prior experience needed, various opportunities available)
After submitting an application, you will be added to receive Safest Drug email updates and calls for action. You can unsubscribe at any time.